Learn more about the benefits of resistance bands and why this training tool is one of the best portable fitness devices, helping you to stay fit and strong in 2021.
Traveling a lot and don’t have the opportunity to work out? Bored of running in the winter or doing push-ups and squats in the living room? Resistance bands might be the perfect solution for your problems, especially during the dark and cold winter period.
Resistance bands, which in this blog refer to looped and flat elastic bands without handles, are one of the best choices for versatile training if you are trying to improve your fitness and get stronger. Why?
- To build strength – each band exerts a particular amount of force on your muscles when stretched and can be used in both upper and lower body training.
- To improve mobility – resistance bands are a great way to help you improve your flexibility, but you can also use them improve joint mobility.
- For rehabilitation – bands have proved themselves essential for aiding recovery and are especially useful when it comes to working on hip, shoulder and knee injuries.
- For weightlifting – resistance bands are also used in weight training. Wrapped around the ends of a weight bar, they make exercises more challenging so you can level up your one-rep max. Equally, they can be used with dumbbells for a similar reason.
- For pull ups – resistance bands can also help you build up to doing pull ups. Loop them around the pull up bar and place your foot or knee inside the band to support your weight as you train.
Which Bands are the best?
It's a bold statement but we believe these are quite possibly the best resistance bands available on the market today!!